A carrier makes a play for engagement
MTS is the largest mobile carrier in Russia, with over 70 million subscribers. The company began working with Velti in 2008 to find creative ways to strengthen its relationships with customers, generate excitement about the brand, and sustain its position as the market leader.
THE VELTI SOLUTION
Mobile customers get into the game
Velti helped to develop and launch three large-scale campaigns for MTS. The campaigns engaged customers through fun and rewarding interactions, which increased ARPU and total revenue for MTS by encouraging data and premium text usage. Specifically:
- The 'Messaging Campaign for Millions' campaign, which awarded big cash prizes for participating in a messaging-based quiz game. Participants competed for points, with bonus incentives added throughout to drive excitement.
- The 'Your Messaging Chance' campaign, which engaged fans by offering free content. Participants also entered a drawing to win two BMW luxury automobiles each week.
RESULTS THAT MATTER
The final score: win-win
Each of the three campaigns was a tremendous success, garnering widespread participation and engagement from MTS's subscriber base and rewarding thousands of customers with valuable prizes:
- Five million unique MTS customers were reached during the campaigns
- 50 million messages were sent
- 16 messages were sent on average per participant
- Over $13 million in prizes was awarded to over 1500 winners
- Valuable customer data was collected, including demographic information and preferences, enabling more efficient segmentation for future personalized offerings